Working with IEM
IEM is a growing company, and we are always on the lookout for new employees, consultants, and partners to work with us in developing exciting new applications for our technologies and systems.
IEM is a technology R&D and manufacturing firm which covers a wide variety of technologies including imaging and other sensors (acoustics, electromagnetic sensors, etc.), embedded systems programming, smart sensor applications, rugged system design, digital signal processing, and more, as shown by our products and research entries shown elsewhere on our site. Accordingly, IEM is interested in multitalented individuals with a strong focus in one or more of our core competencies and the ability to innovate within their specialty. Please examine our listing of specific job openings below.
Many of our R&D projects have made use of expert advice from many fields. IEM is always interested in examining the credentials and research interests of potential consultants in areas such as smart sensor data processing, NDT/NDE technologies, and others. Watch this space for specific requests to see if we might need you for one of our many projects.
IEM has partnered with many companies and organizations, and performs contract R&D for state and Federal agencies. Is there a project you need IEM's assistance on? Is there research you think IEM could do for you? Please let us know.
IEM Current Job Openings
IEM is a dynamic and growing company seeking qualified individuals in diverse technical fields. Specific employment opportunities currently available at IEM are posted below. IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IEM is constantly seeking dedicated employees to join our growing team. Whether you are an engineer, technician or gained interest in our company by browsing our site, IEM is eager to learn about you. Our long list of core competencies welcomes candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Specifically, IEM's technologies include:
- Machine Vision and Video Analytics
- Infrared and Thermal Imaging
- Non-Contact and Non-Destructive Evaluation
- Wireless Sensors and Sensor Networks
- Power Harvesting
- Security Monitoring
- And many more
Simply send us your resume and a brief message about why you'd like to join our team and we will see if we have a fit for you!
You will have the opportunity to engage hands-on embedded software design and implementation doing embedded programming, and system integration of wireless and sensor system, including, but not limited to, MCUs, radios, GPS and other advanced sensor modules. Projects include new product design, on-board software programming for wireless sensors, system design, component specifications, and software design for the integration of embedded system into larger-scale applications. This is a full time opening for an innovative person to be involved in the entire process of research and product development cycles for current and up-coming projects.
To join our design group, you must have:
- B.S.C.S. or B.S.E.E. or equivalent.
- Excellent Programming Skills (C/C++, C#, VB, etc.).
- Hands on experience with embedded software coding and debugging - close to the chip level.
- Hands on ability to read schematics, troubleshoot boards.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, with a highly motivated and self-starter working style
- Desire to design, prototype, build and test new products towards their commercialization
- Engineering Analysis skills (e.g. for data collection and system operation validation)
Desirable Skills (based on our on-going projects):
- Familiarity with Software Engineering design principles - project life cycle, source control (SVN), etc.
- Capable of using hardware development and debug tools including emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters and other lab test equipment.
- Familiarity with typical embedded sensors such as GPS, strain gauges, radios.
- Experience programming in the Linux environment.
- Familiarity with the .NET framework and Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with socket programming, routers, network programming and network configuration.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation keeping skills: specification creation, test output documentation, design documentation, final reports, block diagrams, simple schematics, etc.
- Ability to provide project oversight as needed.
- Two years related experience in one or more of the above areas.
Ideal candidates will be able to work in all environments as needed, both as an individual and team contributor, and will likely include some hands-on work in labs, industrial and outside field environments. An ability to occasionally travel to customer sites is preferred. Salary is negotiable based upon experience.
IEM Corporation is an established and growing electronics company which designs and develops advanced machine vision and sensor based portable / wayside systems for railway safety and security. Several of IEM's offerings are widely used by the railroad industry. If you want to be the most successful Domestic Sales Person in the Railway Industry - this is the job for you. You will use your experience and contacts to develop/regenerate relevant leads. In addition to leads and contacts, you will develop bid responses, create and maintain annual sales plans, meet deadlines, travel as needed throughout the United States and make sales calls. This position may include up to 40% travel from time to time - but average 25% travel.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of successful sales experience with technology driven products - preferably with US freight/transit railways selling wayside systems.
- Demonstrated success in selling.
- Active relationships within Mechanical Department, Advanced Engineering, Strategic Sourcing (or equivalent), signalling, etc. preferably with Senior Engineers and Senior Management Levels.
- Ability to travel Domestically without limitation.
- At least two year Associate Degree in Business or Technology
- Formal training in selling (e.g. Dale Carnegie Sales Training, etc.)
- Excellent Computer Skills (e.g. using Prophet/CRM, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Knows how to cultivate new/working relationships
- Prior 5+ years of experience in preparing large US bids
- Active network within the industry to develop new leads and contacts
- Understand basic technology behind instrumentation systems as they apply to the railways
- Understand railway operations, railway economics, and railway products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Type: Full Time
- Experience: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Sales
- Industries: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Compensation: Competitive Base + Commission potential
Salary commensurate with experience.
Basic Function: Monitor / Maintain / Troubleshoot, and Repair IEM’s installed base of inspection measurement systems, both Domestic and International. Provide call center support to customers. Support IEM departments by performing hands-on electro-mechanical testing, inspection, debugging, calibration, and assembly for new system builds. Prepare and maintain all service related documentation.
This position reports to the Production Manager.
Must Have Attributes
- Solid electronic and mechanical service background of installing, repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical products.
- MUST have experience in troubleshooting at a system level, both remotely and while on-site.
- Knowledgeable of system testing, calibration, and validation
- Digital and Analog hardware debugging capabilities
- Electro-mechanical assembly skills, such as, soldering, wire harnessing, cabling, and testing of final product subassemblies
- Ability to read and understand all types of electronic schematics and mechanical drawings
- Must have remote access computer skills
- Experienced in MS office programs, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Regular travel required
- Working knowledge of and successfully used multi-meters, scopes, computers, and other analyzers in troubleshooting electronic systems
- Strong ability to communicate system(s) status, issues, and resolutions with external customers and inter departmental personnel, via conference calls, documented detailed trip reports, site upgrade plans, etc
- Technically orientated
- Highly motivated, self-starter, eager to learn, good team player
- Associates degree in electronics (negotiable)
Tasks Expected of the Service Technician
- Perform daily monitoring of installed systems, to include updating all associated documentation and forms
- Coordinate site service visits, both scheduled and emergency
- Support Production and Engineering projects as needed
- Service work will be performed on electrical, mechanical, optical, machine vision (lasers and cameras), computer, and other typical electro-mechanical assemblies
- Perform software upgrades or install new software where necessary
- Maintain site spare parts inventory, to include purchasing, storing, and installation
- Fully understand all internal processes and procedures (Production operation, QC, Engineering, troubleshooting, etc.)
Salary, Availability, etc.
- Salary based on experience
- Valid driver’s license, Current Passport
- Available during off business hours as needed
- Must be able to pass IEM electronics test.
- Job reference required
- Position is located in Troy.
International Electronic Machines Corporation is offering an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Research and Development Engineer to join our team.
The R&D Engineer will work with the mechanical, electronic and software teams to develop R&D projects and the necessary reports. Hands on testing will be required - some in the field. Problem solving and analytical skills are a must. Programming/Software Development skills in C and C++ required (C# and MatLab a plus).
The ideal candidate will have 2 years of experience, a self starter, able to guide others through a project, tech-driven, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
This is a mid-level entry position with the potential of growing into a management level position.
Salary is negotiable.
IEM Corporation offers a competitive benefits package. Please forward a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements for consideration.
To learn more about IEM Corporation visit our website at www.iem.net.
Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Systems Engineers
IEM is looking for Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering undergraduates for Spring 2017 and Summer 2017. These are paid internships. You will be working with electrical, software and mechanical engineers to help develop leading edge work on related projects. The particular areas of focus are:
- Mechanical- modeling and detailed design of manipulators (Solidworks), component selection, component fabrication/machining oversight, and mechanical assembly
- Electrical- circuit design, wiring, component selection and assembly
- Computer/Software- coding in Linux and Microsoft .NET framework, ROS, Google Earth/Simulator visualization, sensor evaluation